n

n

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Acupuncture

OH BOY! I loved my acupuncture meeting! I went to acupuncture northwest in downtown tacoma. They specialize in infertility... The girls sat with me before the needles to ask me lots of thoughtful questions about my medical history. Then I just laid down on a table (like a massage table) and she began inserting the needles in my back...Crazy thing is it did NOT hurt, but my back decided to spasm every time she came near me with a needle. I couldn't get my back to just be still. It was the strangest thing. She said she has seen people react like that before, so i guess i don't feel too bad. then she left the room while i took a nice little nap under the heat lamp.  AND that was it! It was like a spa treatment really!  They gave me some light reading to learn about chinese medicine and fertility. (just 350 pages, no biggie) They also gave me a list of foods to eat and foods to stay away from. Mainly she told me to cut out my coffee habit (WHAT???) I'm not too surprised, just bummed! I just love the taste of coffee (and lets face it milk) she said it wasnt just the caffeine in the coffee but the coffee bean itself, so that means no decaf either.

IF anyone has ever been interested in acupuncture, but nervous about it... GIVE IT A GO! I loved my experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment