n

n

Monday, September 26, 2011

Downsizing hurts.

Downsizing hurts.

When my step dad sold the soundview house, I didn't put much thought into what i grabbed of my mothers, I just grabbed it. I wanted to have and hold everything that she once held. There is a part of me that is so afraid to let go of anything that was hers out of fear that I will forget her. Or some items that I couldn't FATHOM letting go of. But, I cant hold onto everything for ever and they are just that... THINGS. So, for instance instead of keeping every recipe card she ever wrote.. I'm only keeping the ones I remember, liked and will use. I know it sounds silly, but it was a big step for me throwing away something that had her handwriting on it.  I have taken this attitude with my whole house as we begin to downsize. I can keep one of the things that meant a lot to me, not 10. Memory is still there, and perhaps better! I can actually see the things now that I value.

Tonight I sold my mom's old sofa. It was a cute little love-seat. I could imagine it re-upholstered some day, it would be the cutest. But, lets face it... I might never get around to updating the sofa, and I don't need the sofa. So, the lady who bought the sofa informed me that it was going to her salon and would be where the women sat to get their pedicures. HOW perfect! I can still go visit my sofa, and my kimi LOVED pedicures... We used to have pedi dates all the time, so I couldn't be happier.

I'm excited to live a little more simple. It's our new plan. Only keep what we need, and that isn't much!

SO, I've decided to have a garage sale with all my extra stuff. I will have a preview this sunday for any friends who are interested in looking...  I will be here from 12-8pm, and you can of course call and set up a time to come by and see what I have if you are interested.

Official garage sale will be the following weekend.

Caleb will be coming back up here on the 10th or 11th and we will begin to get everything paired down to move. We leave on monday the 17th and will be having a going away party on the 16th at the Tides and would love to see everyone one last time before our big move!

1 comment:

  1. Proud of you! Keep it up, the Lord has great plans for the Anderson's & Kimi's watching every move with a happy heart! Beware, we'll be visiting....

    ReplyDelete