n

n

Monday, May 6, 2013

Jack turns 3 months old! :)

3 months young
And what a fun month it has been. Jack has proven himself to be a very good sleeper. At 6/7 weeks he began sleeping 5/6 hour stretches- which technically is through the night. At 8 weeks he began sleeping for 6-8 hour stretches. He normally wakes up ready to eat, but offers up a few smiles when I get to his crib. I love the late night/early morning feeding. There is something so sweet about it... perhaps its because I'm so excited to see Jack or he is so excited to see me... Either way, it's my favorite moment with my little buddy. Jack has moved from the couch, to his swing and finally to his crib. I personally wanted him to be in his crib as soon as he could do it- while I miss sleeping near my buddy, I think it's important for Caleb and I to have our bed be OUR bed. It's crazy how soundly I will be sleeping and I will hear Jack's smallest little noise and be in Jack's room before he starts to cry. (we don't use a monitor).

Jack has found his hands, and they are the coolest. They entertain him for hours on end. He focuses intently on his hands as he brings them together and then into his mouth. Speaking of his mouth, he has LOVED blowing bubbles and started drooling. At 10 weeks Jack began showing signs of teething. Now at 12 weeks he is most certainly experiencing some teeth pain. He is chewing on my finger/his finger/anything I put near his chompers. I noticed a little white bump on his gums.

Jack LOVES to interact with people. We facetime with family and he is so cute interacting with the phone. He leans forward like he wants to touch the people in the phone. Jack loves to giggle with mom and dad. He smiles and wiggles around when we talk to him. He really just loves to make eye contact with us. He loves to be facing the action- he wants to be apart of the party.

Jack responds to noises and can track us with his eyes... When he finds us he gives us a huge gummy grin. 

Jack still doesn't really care for bath time. He is very particular about the water temperature- that being said we only bathe him every other day or two.

I like to think of myself as a mom on the go. We often leave the house in the morning for a few hours. We go walking or to have lunch with a friend. Jack is an absolute angel. He loves to walk in the stroller- he will make noises and play with his hands until he falls asleep.

Jack is a strong baby, he loves to stand on his legs... with our help of course. He has great control of his neck and a heck of a grip. 




































No comments:

Post a Comment