n

n

Monday, August 12, 2013

6 months

Our little man is 6 months old... well, plus a week. We were in Washington on vacay so I wasn't able to update the blog. Jackaroo has grown quiet a bit in the past month. At his checkup today he weighed 16.10 oz and measured 26 1/2 inches tall. In the past month, Jack has began (army) crawling although his favorite mode of transportation is the back scoot. He rolls easily from front to back and sits up by himself wonderfully. Jack was busy making two teeth while we were in Washington- with minimum fuss I might add. Probably the biggest change was the introduction of food. We began with avocado at his mid day feeding. After four days we moved onto banana- He LOVES him some banana. Next came peaches which weren't a hit the first day because I just mushed up the peach. Later that day I cooked the peach and pureed it- then the peach was a hit. My goal is to make all of his food- for a number of reasons. I will know exactly what he is eating and so that his first bites of food are just that- food. Another reason is its cheap, I like cheap. Lastly, I enjoy cooking if I didn't enjoy cooking I would probably buy his food.


I am loving this 6 month stage,  Jack is so full of life and joy. I love watching the world through his perspective. Many people have commented on what a happy baby he is, and how silly he is. I agree, I think he will be making us laugh for years to come. He is pretty rumble tumble... when he rolls over and bonks his head on the table it doesn't phase him... he keeps on smiling.



























No comments:

Post a Comment