n

n

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Baby Faves



I have so many friends having babies and asking for advice on what items to register for. Every baby is different so every mom is going to like certain items more then others. For us, this is what worked...

The Ergo Baby Carrier. We loved this particular carrier because you are carrying all the weight on your hips instead of your shoulders. I highly recommend purchasing the infant insert so you can wear baby right away. I can remember countless days/nights wearing jack in the Ergo because it was the only place he would sleep. I also would snap myself out of the Ergo and jack would stay asleep in the infant insert all snuggle buggle.

 I figured out how to nurse Jack in the Ergo and walk around... I can't walk super fast but I can walk and nurse. FABULOUS!

We also have the Bjorn and the Moby wrap. I like the moby wrap a little more then the Bjorn because it is more comfortable to wear. Caleb primarily wears the Bjorn-he has yet to try the wrap on, I don't know why? I don't love the Bjorn because all the weight is on your shoulders- I get sore pretty easy wearing it. That being said it's better then nothing. We keep one carrier with us in the car in case Jack is fussy- he ALWAYS loves to be in the carrier. * This is a great place to save money, two of our 3 carriers are hand me downs. You can find great carriers in consignment shops as well- wash them up and they are good to go!


 Aden and Anais Bamboo Swaddle blankets. I LOVE these. I have one with me at all times, They are so versatile! They are bigger then the average swaddle blanket and have a bit of stretch so I got THE best swaddles out of them- Jack couldn't move a bit and would not break out of it. Jack loves the blankets he grabs them and pulls them up to his face and snuggles with it.

I also used them as a nursing cover in a pinch. I  would just tuck it into my bra and cover! I would use the blankets to clean up a spit up here and there and wash at the end of the day. One of my favorite items of all time.


                                                                               
Stroller- We love our Uppababy! The height of the handlebar is adjustable and moves up higher then most strollers- which is nice for us tall peeps. The Uppa maneuvers so smoothly, I can also run with it if I lock the front tires. Although- I would prefer to have a jogging stroller for running (for many reasons) but, while I don't the Uppa is just fine. I love that you can stroll with 3 babes in the uppa! AMAZING- So as our family grows we just purchase the Rumbleseat and away we go.
http://www.growingyourbaby.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/ubrs904945.jpg
When thinking about buying a stroller, I highly recommend going to a store and testing them out and picking what works best for your family. We purchased ours new in box from a consignment shop for half the price. For you Orange County peeps- Check out Posh tots and Newport resale in Costa Mesa area (by Bel Bambini). The owner at Posh Tots has a wish list, we put our name/number on it and a week later she called us to say that the Uppababy came in. :)

An exersaucer and play mat are pretty amazing. Jack started playing under his mat at around 2/3 months I believe. He is pretty content there and still hangs out underneath it. The exersaucer is the deal! Jack will play in that thing forever, and I love that he is stuck there- I don't have to worry about him cruising around. Both our exersaucer and playmat were hand me downs. love me some hand me downs.














Because I breastfeed exclusively I didn't need a ton of bottles and whatnot. I DO recommend getting a pump... But, if you are planning on doing mainly breastfeeding I would wait before you stock up on bottles in case your baby doesn't like the bottle you purchased, pre-washed and can no longer take back. 

This is just a list of my favorite/most used items. There are so many things you can buy for baby but maybe don't need. I'm a huge fan of simplicity- so if we don't NEED it, we don't have it. For instance a baby wipe warmer- don't need it. I'm sure Jack's bum would prefer a warmed wipe, but what happens when we are out and about and don't have the warmed wipe... Will he pitch a fit over a room temp wipe? Anyway, that's my two cents.

2 comments:

  1. This is a great list Hil! Totally taking notes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good picks Hill! You're a great mama!

    ReplyDelete